Re X96Q Android 10 Smart TV Box unable to play video

Just bought a

X96Q Android 10 Smart TV Box​

does seem rather well put together, Inhave some MKV video in DTS which I inverted to AC3, in the hope it would help compatibility.

the video refuses to play on my LGOLED55C9PLA, although they play perfectly on my Xbox, but prefer not to have that running just to play video. The X96Q would not play audio, so tried the VLC app, which plays audio only, then tried the MX player, which plays audio and video, but stutters really badly. Other video plays fine, guess it’s the video that’s the problem, it’s just that as it plays on the Xbox, thought there would be a way, any thoughts please ?

thanks

Ok installed latest Kodi ( cool matrix effect ) changed to expert mode, allowed audio pass through on all available. Bit then No Audio on playback ? Turned pass through off and audio returned.

the audio isn’t really the issue, the video really stutters badly, anything else I can try ?

thanks

JBA6

Sorry, I've never used a TV box with such a modest spec (I currently use an A95X Max running CoreELEC and an Nvidia Shield Pro) and have no problems with playback of MKV or ISO format videos with DTS or Dolby soundtracks. Maybe someone else can help?
--
JB

Sorry, I've never used a TV box with such a modest spec (I currently use an A95X Max running CoreELEC and an Nvidia Shield Pro) and have no problems with playback of MKV or ISO format videos with DTS or Dolby soundtracks. Maybe someone else can help?
--
JB
🤞🤞🤞

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom