1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re:subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by DonMaico, Jan 30, 2004.

1. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone recommend a good sub to go with my Kef Q55 's , matching Kef Q center and a pair of Jamo 20 rears.? thinking of buying a pair of Kef Eggs too in order to go 7.1 . I want to improve the bass particularly from the rear speakers when playing dvd audio discs Cheers!

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    We sure can but we need to know your budget first.

As you are more likely to get answered in the speaker forum, I will transfer this thread there.

3. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your reply . basdically I am looking for value for money. I f you was to tell me that in your opinion a £500 REl sub would be the only one worth considering then I would save up and buy one . On the other hand if the Quake or one of Kefs cheaper models or some other make you had in mind would do the biz then I wloud go for them. My very top budget would be £500.If I went over that I'd be slung out of the house

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    My suggestion would be to go for the best that you could afford from the MJ Acoustics range. The cheapest sub is the Pro 50 which is good and they get progressively better the further up the range you go.

My assumption is that you have a normal sized room

5. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ty Ian ! my room is about 15ftx 12ft approx.

6. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ian
    Are they easy to set up . I ask because MJ ref 100 is obtainable from hi fi bitz for £349 thro the net.The REl quake sells for the same price and I can get that locally and have them set it up as well. Presumably the MJ is a better sub? TY

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I prefer the MJA Pro 50 to the Quake and that is one down the MJA pecking order from the Ref 100.

I don't find them too difficult to set up and we are always around for any advice that may be needed

8. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, Ian