• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

re-start problem

oddsocks

Established Member
Yesterday I had to re-start my computer following installation of a program.
When I pressed the re-start button on the Antec Fusion, the computer re-booted but came back with the black screen telling me that windows failed to shut down properly and giving the usual options or to start normally. This was confusing to say the least.

Chose 'start normally' and was ok. Did a couple more re-starts just to check the positon and the same occurs all the time. I'm pretty sure that my mobo connectors are not wrong (as I was quite particular to ensure that all were correct) and am wondering if anybody can throw some light on this. :confused:

If I need to open up the case :)god:) I suppose I'll have to.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Did you use the reset button on the case rather than click start/turn off/restart ? If so that would explain why you are getting this problem.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
In a lot of cases yes it should happen as you should not be using the reset button to restart a computer. It doesn't give windows any chance to close down files properly. It could also be writing something important to the hard drive when you press the reset button and if you do it at this time and it's writing to the registry for example you could corrupt your windows install and end up having to reinstall everything.
The rule to remember is that the reset button is the "last resort option" for restarting the computer.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom