Re: SONY FREE DVD OFFER

TommyP

Standard Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goa
Hi Sony TV and DVD owners

Those of you who purchased tvs and dvds between 22 oct 02 and 24 dec 02 you've got up till the 31st of jan 03 to take advantage of Sony's free dvd offer. I particularly want to alert those who bought tvs and dvds or videos through JL. You are entitled to FIVE free dvds from Sony UK. If you only purchased a tv you get nothing unfortunately. You get two free dvds if you bought a dvd or a video. My local JL branch had run out of the leaflets so I got mine directly from Sony UK. Have just sent mine off, will let you know if I receive the five dvds.
You can get a copy of the form from Amazon.co.uk but it only tells you about the two free dvds offer. Get a form from Sony or from your local retailer to get a true picture of what Sony is offering.

Thought it might be worth starting a new thread.

Can you get a form from a local Sony Centre? and how do you go about getting five?

You get two from buying a DVD player but where do you get the other three from??

TommyP

Yes, you do get FIVE free dvds from Sony Uk for purchasing both a Sony WEGA tv (50hz or 100hz) AND either a sony dvd player or a DAV system or a HIFI system. I know that a few of us on this forum took advantage of JL's special offer and purchased tvs and dvds and we are all entitled to FIVE free dvds if we did so between the 22/10/02 and the 24/12/02. :p
Dvds on offer are: Spider-Man, Erin Brockovich, Gladiator, Stuart Little and Vertical Limit

Closing date for receipt of completed forms is 31st January 2003 :)

You get to choose two of the above dvds if you only purchased a dvd player or a DAV system or a hifi system (without the tv).

I don't know if your local sony centre would have the offer forms. My purchases were made through JL and they could not get hold of the forms for me hence my contacting Sony UK Customer Services. I received my form a few days after my call to them.

As stated in my last entry the form can be printed from the Amazon website but it wouldn't give you the complete offer so best give Sony UK a call.

The only down side of this offer is that they require you to send original store receipts with completed forms. If you purchased from JL like I did you'ld know that your receipt is your five years warranty. I'll therefore strongly advise anyone wishing to do so to photocopy receitps before posting them. :(

Qualifying dvd players
AVDS10, AVDS50, DVPF25, DVPF41MS, DVPNC615, DVPNS305, DVPNS405, DVPNS705, DVPNS905, DVPPQ1, HTP1000 AND SLVD900.

Qualifying DAV systems
DAVC770, DAVS400, DAVDS1000, DAVS550 AND DAVS880.

Qualifying HIFI systems
CMTM90DVD, CMTM700DVD, MHCS9DVD AND MHCRV800DVD.

Qualifying TVs
KV28LS35, KV28LS60, KV32LS35, KV32LS60, KD28DX40, KV28FX66, KD32DX32, KV32FX66, KV32FQ80, KV36FS76, KD32DX100, KD32NX100, KD32NX200, KD36NX200, KZ32TS1, KZ42TS1, VPL-HS1 and KP44px2.

PS: correction on my previous entry. I have had a good look at the offer form and unfortunately purchasing a sony video player would not qualify you for the free offer. Sorry about the mistake.

Let me know if you need further info

goa:D

do you just have to go into a sony centre or something to get one of these forms?

cheers :)

Yes...just go in and ask for one. They seem to be in limited supply around bristol...I got the leaflet weeks after the tv / dvd player.

Does anyone know where you can download the form for the 5 free dvd's, or do you need to go to a Sny Center??

um, look at my post above mate....:confused:

Ashy - Thats the form for 2 free Dvd's, ive bought a DVD (305), Video (820) and Widescreen TV (KV28FX66) so should be entitled to 5, thats right isnt it?

1. Offer available from October 22, 2002 until December 24, 2002, subject to availability.

I popped into Kingston Sony Centre about two weeks ago and enquired and apparently they ran out of stock just before Xmas.

Good luck if you have applied

Hi Everyone

Sent my completed form to Sony UK on the 2nd of January and received five brand new and sealed dvds on the 24th of January 2003, including the original receipts that I had sent in as supporting info. Hope you all took advantage of this magnificent offer.

Cheers

Goa
:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom