• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Re-positioning Mission M7DS bipoles

Dr.Rock

Established Member
Hi,

In my 5.1 system (Mission M72 mains, M72c2 centre, M7DS bipole surrounds), I used to have my surrounds on the side walls in-line with MPS and high up to the ceiling (I turned the speakers upside down as per recommendation if they're being placed close to the ceiling). I'm soon to be moving house and will be repositioning the bipole surrounds differently. I want to move them to the rear wall because on the side walls they often sounded too loud at times, draining out the fronts, and if I moved their sound level one notch down, then they sounded too quiet. Secondly, I want to move them lower down in readiness for Atmos, otherwise if they're still up close to the ceiling then they'll interfere with the Atmos overhead effects.

Question is: how far up should the speakers be from ear level, if placed on rear wall and with sofa placed against that wall? I don't want it too low otherwise it'll sound too loud for the person sitting near it.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom