RE: "Kef Q series vs. new iQ and surround balance" v2

A

andyacdclive

The previous thread titled "Kef Q series vs. new iQ and surround balance" was locked god know's why, this is the reason why i'm re-posting my original question, as follows;

Around a month ago I purchased a pair of "kef Q2ds" (wow what a sound, especially for £165 new) and I’m considering purchasing the following upgrades;

• iQ6C centre
  • iQ7 floor standing
Now which way do I go from here, as I’m after a 7.1 system, do i go for the older "Q2ds" or the newer refined "Q8ds", as you can appreciate I already get the base frequency from the "Q2ds" would it make a difference, if I was to purchase another pair of the "Q2ds" or would it be more beneficial to have the "Q8ds" as well?

My subwoofer is a "Paradigm PDR-10" would it be adequate for the setup, or would I need to upgrade? Also is anyone aware if the new “kef iq series” are compatible with the new Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD sound format's?

Thanks in advance for all your help and assistance, please do not hesitate to answer or ask any questions as you may feel as necessary.

Hi, well i own the IQ7 and IQ6c and am looking for the some rears, and would go with the older model, simply because they are cheaper, and i'm not hugely convinced about the front to rear matching perfectly.

At the minute i use MA radius's as per my sig, and they are fine tonaly i just think I'd prefer 2 bi/dipolars instead of 4 mono poles, my room really doesn't justify 7.1.

Not exactly the answer you wanted perhaps but still.

Oh yeah, where'd you get your rears from so cheap?

It was from ebay, about 4 months ago, sadly the seller isn't currently selling any more!

If you don't mind me asking, why did you opt for the iQ7 over the iQ5?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom