Re formatting your SKY+ HD??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by (GTV)Chris, Jul 24, 2004.

1. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    At the moment I am experiencing freezing, stuttering, stopping, rec failures, playback failures etc.
    The SKY dudes went through a quick reset with me which meant turning off the box etc...
    But the recordings are still all buggered! The guy said that they could send someone out for £65 to fix it.
    Now, I feel that after 13 months, that this is a bit off a rip off, and so was the price of the extended warranty.
    SO....How do I do what the sky man will do? Should I fit a new HD, maybe a 80Gig one?
    Obviously the no cost one would be preferable :)

Any help appreciated...

Cheers

Chris

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I would agree that 13 months is far too early for a piece of consumer electronics to fail but SKY tend to stick with the bare minimum to comply with the law. You have the option to cancel using the cost as a factor and that the box can not really be described as fit for it's purpose if it failed so early into it's life.
    SKY have been known to be flexible if they believe they can keep a subscriber by reducing or giving a call out free of charge but then again sometimes they aren't.

Did the CS go through the OS reload and Full system reset procedure?
    If you still have the recordings then I guess he didn't but wiping the drive may help but it does sound like it's failing and a new drive is an option you can do yourself.
    Do you have a spare 3.5" IDE drive around the house:)