• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Re-Downloading Apps

pixlrik

I had an iPhone 4 ages ago and have now got an iPhone 5. If I re-download the apps I had before (both paid and free) through my old iTunes account, will the data associated with the apps (like high scores, etc.) also be restored or will it treat them like new installations of the app and they'll be completely blank?

I'm guessing it's the latter but just want to make sure. There are some games I would have loved to have kept the high score from but also some apps I don't want them to remember any details from me so I can start fresh again.

Cheers :)

surfymark

No unfortunately they will come back as brand new apps with no data associated.

However, do you still have a backup of your old iPhone 4 somewhere? If so, you can restore from that backup and you will get all your apps back with all their old data etc.

Backups are generally non-version specific so it doesn't matter that your new phone will be on a later version.

HTH
M

pixlrik

That backup will also contain the information for the apps I don't want on the new phone. Even on the 4 I deleted apps and all their settings but when I downloaded them again at a later date, they still remembered all my details from before.

I can live without the high scores for the games, sure getting them all again will come in handy next time I'm in a waiting room or on public transport. I'm going to delete the back-up for the 4 and just start completely anew with this 5.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom