1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re Denon 2900

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mike Delvaux, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Mike Delvaux

Mike Delvaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    I sent my 2900 back for repair about four weeks ago,usual problem seen on these forums of picture breaking up on certain discs.
    I was getting a bit worried because every time I rang Denon they were having trouble finding my machine. It turns out they have lost it along with the discs I sent them in, and they have agreed to send me out a 3910 as a replacment,along with replacment discs, does this machine have as many problems as the 2900's seem to have ?.

Cheers

Mike.

2. Mike Delvaux

Mike Delvaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can any body give me the latest MR firmware No's for the 3910 as I would like to make sure the machine has it before I take delivery of the it.

Thanks

Mike.

3. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    you lucky dude :smashin:

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If it comes from Denon it will be region 2 only.
    You will need to talk to your dealer about M.R.

5. Mike Delvaux

Mike Delvaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Edd the machine will arrive from my dealer as a multi region machine but am concerned about what revision of firmware it will have. it seems that the firmware for R1-2 is at -8 at the moment but all the dealers I have spoken to
    all had their MR discs given to them 4 months ago when the player first came out. I rang Edd mclellan at Denon today and to be honest he did'nt want to talk about it, I got the feeling Denon have had there arms bent at some time
    and are worried about the multi region issue,supprising considering all the bigger manufacturers,and smaller ones dont seem to worry so much.
    I've had alot of different dvd players over the years, my 1st being a Panasonic adv450 multi region machine, expensive in its day and still going strong after nearly 8 yrs, and never failing to play a disc. the next 1 being a
    Pioneer 737 never failing , but sold to buy the Denon 2900 which I thourght
    was going to be a better machine but being nothing but trouble. So I sent it back
    for repair and now I'm getting sent a 3910 as a replacment but am hearing about all the same or simlar problems.
    People pay alot of money for these machines,and I no there are probaly more people happy with them than not, but that does'nt detract from the fact that ther are alot of unhappy Denon owners out there and Denon are not doing alot about it. If they did'nt multi region there machines they would'nt sell half of them. Perhaps they should look to Arcam on how to run a company with good coustomer/and after sales service. But we no there's no chance there.
    So perhaps some body on these Forums with a good understanding of the English language and who can spell Rit, should should dictate a letter to Denon saying how unhappy alot of us are,and we should all bombard them with E-mails and letters.

Mike.

6. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    bearing in mind denon dvd players numerous problems .How do you fancy flogging it to me for a handsome compensation?? :D
    The 3910 i mean!!

7. Mike Delvaux

Mike Delvaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi how much then brand new in the box

Mike.

8. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    600 inclusive of P&p. oh,but in must be in silver!!

9. Mike Delvaux

Mike Delvaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kumamoto,

It's in silver but I still have'nt recieved it yet, should be here by the
    weekend. It will be muti region. But i'm getting a region 2 firmware disc from
    Denon,in case of any problems. Obviously i'll try the machine and with any
    luck this time I may get 1 that works properly. If it does fingers crossed i'll
    be keeping it because if it's anything like the 2900 when it worked the picture was superb. The sound on CD/DVDA and sacd was also the best i've heared
    out of a DVD player (having never heared the new Arcam). But if not then I'll give you a shout as long as we can haggle on the price a little bit more.

Mike.