1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RE:Colour Movies>Black+White

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by butch9850, Nov 26, 2004.

1. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lets just say,you wanted an old style affect,black+white...from a colour movie.
    On a normal tv,you would turn the picture colour,down to 0.

Now on a projector..what happens?.It's impossible?.

Some colour movies i would love to see in black/white..Like Shawshank Redemption.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It really all depends on the make/model. Many projectors do have controls which are very similar to a normal TV, but I can't say that they all have.

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm not familiar with these sorts of displays but I am familiar with tv signals ! I'm assuming your tv projector if fed from a dvd ? if that's the case the connection between the two MAY be component yuv (sometimes labelled yPbPr or YCbCR) - simply pull out the uv or PbPr or CbCr cables between the two and you will have disconnected the colour information between the two. The above 'trick' will not work if the interconnection is RGB. Regards, yt.

4. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,305
    Probably the best way would be to go down to PC world, to where they have the projectors on sale and ask if they can supply a black and white screen for the job.
    Believe me, I'll bet they go and check for you
    :D