1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re Celestion AVP305 & VSX-D2011

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by shen, Sep 29, 2003.

1. shen

shen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    New to this forum have got Pioneer VSX-D2011 amp & Celestion avp305 sub sat system my ? is what do i set the input level ,crossover & phase adjust to on the sub & what diffrence will it make to overall sound.
    One more thing when i setup pioneer amp it set the sats to large but i set them back to small what diffrence will this make if any.
    As you may have worked out i am new to this, what do you guys think of my setup ?
    Thanks for your help & comments in advance
    Regards
    Shen

2. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Although I'm not a moderator, I'd like to wish you an unofficial welcome to the forums!

I have the AVP305 sub/sat set coupled with my NAD T752 and the speakers make for a very swish, wife friendly AV setup. I'm quite pleased with my gear, I hope you will be, too.

Anyway, you should set your speakers to "small" in the amp's setup screen as the left/right and surround left/right only handle 90Hz - 22kHz. The centre should also be set to small as it handles 60Hz - 22kHz.

The Celestion manual specifies the sub to handle from 25Hz - 130Hz, but elsewhere it says "effective range is from 40Hz - 140Hz at a rate of 24dB per octave". Now when I asked the same question in this thread:

Bass management for Celestion AVP305 thread

Some people, suggested 80hz for the crossover, some suggested 100hz and one chap suggested 120hz. I left it at 100hz with the sub crossover all the way up to 140hz.

Hope this helps. I'm very pleased with the musical playback of the Nad with these speakers, I wonder what you think of the stereo playback with your Pioneer?

Gunrock

3. shen

shen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gunrock
    thanks for your help with my ? will set it up & see if it makes any diffrence to the sound, as to what do i think of the sound it is to say the least jaw dropping both in musical playback & with dvd's.
    Regards
    Shen