1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Buying from across the Pond?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Cmills, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Cmills

Cmills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The following link http://www.profeel.com/trv27e.htm#descr states I can buy a Sony TRV27E (PAL) version for only $886.95 US YANKEE DOLLARS, which when converted to British Sterling equates to £554.41. Even taking into account international Postage Costs, this still beats the pants off any offerings in the UK. Are there anymore hidden costs with buying from overseas? I prefer the TRV27 to the TRV25 because of the larger 3.5" LCD Screen. I can't find any UK sites selling the TRV27. Has anyone on this forum had any experiences from buying overseas?

Thanks in advance.

2. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will the battery charger work over here?

The US use 120v mains electric, so anything to be used over here will need a new transformer to convert to 240v.

3. Cmills

Cmills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Njiri - That's certainly something I didn't take into account re: the battery charger. I'll have another look at the site to find out more info -.... but at the end of the day. The factor that puts you off buying overseas, is that, if something goes wrong with the product it's a mighty long way to send it back and have it repaired. Why are things so cheap in America and not here! :confused:

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Unfortunately, you will also be liable to pay Import Tax if customs intercept your order.