Re-animator??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tee, Apr 28, 2002.

1. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    A bit of advice please.....

I've never seen Re-animator before and being a fan of horror (to a certain extent) I was wondering if the new Elite verson was wotth me taking a gamble on? I own all 3 Evil Dead films, Day & Dawn Of The Dead and other mainstread horrors such as Hellraiser, The Shining etc...

Is Re-animator easily acceptable to someone like me? Suspiria was recommended to me recently and I have to say I didn't really enjoy it even though it's considered by many to be a 5/5 horror classic.

There is a review of the newly released version here - so what do you think??

Cheers :)

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re-Animator is a classic horror

Make sure it is an uncut import thou as the BFCC, ridiculously, still insisted one of the funniest scenes cut. A whole new meaning to giving head.

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re-Animator is a totally different type of film to something like 'Suspiria', which is a 70's Italian giallo rather than a mid-80's American horror/gore/comedy.

Chances are, if you like the Evil Dead series and Hellraiser, you'll love Re-Animator. Jeffrey Combs is as good (if not better) as his character 'Herbet West' as Bruce Campbell is as 'Ash'. Production values have more in common with something like 'The Thing' than the first Evil Dead film.

I recall watching the full, uncut VHS version (complete with timecode) back in 1985. Those were the days :)

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    Just a bit of inconsequential inf. but, did you know that Jeffrey Combs played Weyoun in Deep Space Nine, and since Hellraiser was mentioned Andrew Robinson from it and Dirty Harry played Garak in DS9

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking to get this DVD for a while now. I originally fell in love with this movie with the R-rated version. It wasn't until later that I actually saw the uncut version, (which they rent in my hometown - gotta love Canada) and it blew me away. Is the DVD back on the market? When I was looking for it last, it was out of print. (and selling on eBay for rediculous amounts)

Coombs is just so good. West... Herbert West.

6. BrynTeg

BrynTeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,981
    jeff coombs was in the excellent frightners also.Great F B I character,very funny

7. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I have to say, I think I'm sold :D

Azrikam - check the review link in my first post to see a review of the new version. It's released tommorow.

8. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You guys may want to think about pre-ordering (June) this one as well:

www.atticexpeditions.com

Features Jeffrey Combs, Ted Raimi and a cameo from Alice Cooper!

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked at it, and I can't wait. I assume this version is not being released in the UK, right? I usually buy through Amazon because they're very reliable, but there's no sign of it there. Oh well, I'll find it somewhere, be sure of that.

10. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50