1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rdxs32 & tosh 36zp38

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Biccy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks to all who have helped over last few months for great advice on which products to go for & how to use them. I now (finally!) have my TV, DVDR & s.sound all set-up.

Just a final couple of queries:

dvd prog scan im 99% sure i have right as pic is brill on dvd but just want to be sure i've operated it from dvdr - gone into setup & changed av output to video (wont let me slect PS when RGB is output), selected av4 on tv & hit the progressive button on the dvdr remote when playing...is this right?

Also as i have my Sky+ connected to dvdr, is the best way to watch this through my scart out to dvdr to TV (outpet set to RGB); or to use the component output to my TV? The latter wont allow me to output RGB, it just shows blue screen so have to set output to video. Hard to compare & tell if the difference as by the time i've changed all relevant settings to go from scart to cable its hard to remember previous PQ.

Also does anyone have any tips on how to get the best PQ possible from SKy, some prog's are ok ie.Sky movies but some like the news, eastenders, they think its all over etc dont seem to be as good as my 28" Daewoo...or is this a feature of a big tv with picture processing?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    jpriches,

For TV setup advice I suggest going to the CRT forum - they will be able to advise on the best settings.

Personally I see an improvement going RGB > Component on my E95 and PW6. However some screens don't handle this well. My advise is get your screen properly setup and then carefully watch a few scenes (high action, light scenes, drak scenes etc - not just Sky News!) and then make a decision!

3. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think you can use the SatMon feature to do a straight pass through from AV2 to AV1 on the XS32 - this will let you see the Sky RGB output even if you have AV1 out set to 'video' so the component outputs work. This is also handy as you don't need the XS32 to be switched on to get a picture.

Picture quality wise personally I don't think the XS32 RGB-> component conversion is anything special. Component also risks losing widescreen switching info and that can be a pain. I'd connect the XS32 up via both RGB Scart and component and see which you prefer for TV. The progressive componet is pretty impressive for DVD's though, so I'd definitely keep that.

Nick

4. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. The sat-mon feature does allow me to leave output as video but still get RGB throught AV1 & means i dont have to fiddle about everytime i wanna use prog scan on DVD's. It wont let me view through components with sat-mon on but when this is off it still gives a picture, from what i can see, as good as using scart RGB. So similair in fact that im wondering if it somehow is the same signal? Will test it some morewith various TV channels.