1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDXS32 to PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by slay, Feb 14, 2005.

1. slay

slay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I just got a RDSX32 on Saturday - I'm trying to transfer the footage recorded on DVD-RW to my PC and edit in Pinnacle, Is there any way of getting the tosh to write an avi or mpeg file as at the moment I always get the .vob .ifo and .bup files written in a folder called video ts. Is it me missing a step or a setting on the tosh somewhere ?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    The Toshiba will only output in official DVD formats: either DVD-Video format (on DVD-R or DVD-RW) or Video Recording format (on DVD-RAM). Accordingly you need a DVD authoring programme that supports one or both of these. There are dozens of suitable programmes: TMPG Encoder Author for example is the one I use in my DVD-RAM to DVD-R guide listed in my signature. But products from www.ulead.com and others will do the trick just as well.

What Pinnacle Package do you have? There are workarounds to convert a DVD-RAM VR recording into .m2v and .ac3 files but these require MPEG tools (which invariably cost a couple of £s) and a DVD-RAM compatible drive (around £15 if you don't already have one) so, all in all, a new authoring package may be the cheapest way.

3. slay

slay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wow

Thanks for the quick reply - so if I understand correctly I can't usr a DVR-RW to transfer from.

CAn you recomend a decent DVD-RAM drive as I think I will go that way .

Cheers

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    No you can but you will need new software: something like TMPG Encoder Author.

If you do want to keep your Pinnacle Software then you can download the free TMPG Encoder programme. You change the extension on the .VRO file on the DVD-RAM to .MPG and then use TMPG (goto File/MPEG Tools - from the top of my head!) to run a "Simple demultiplex" on the file. It will split into .m2v and .ac3 tracks which should import into Pinnacle. However I would recommend going down the route I suggest above, i.e. buying TMPG Encoder Author.

Just for reference if you do ever want to buy a DVD-RAM compatible drive I suggest following this guide.

5. slay

slay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right got it it think - just dowenloading the trial TMPG Encoder Author now - will give it a go :)

6. gmr

gmr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3