rdxs32 sky channel switching

Grebo

Standard Member
Reaction score
wondered if anybody could help me. (first time on av forums, hope this works)
I have a toshiba RDXS32 and I cant get the little infra red sender box to work (the one you stick in front of the sky box ir input).
I have read the instructions and the only code they have is for the drx100 skybox. i have the drx400 skybox.

what I am trying to do is get the tosh to actually change the satelite channel I am watching (i.e for recording when i am out, vid+ etc) at the moment when I press the channel change buttons on the tosh remote it just changes the input channels to the tosh not the actual sky channel.

hope you can help me as I am tearing me air oot over this one...

thanks very much.

Andy

You have to press the "SAT CONT" button first (very bottom left button on remote control), you'll see an icon display on the LED panel on the tosh, then you can use the Channel arrow buttons to change the Sky channel. If it doesn't work, try code 0326 for the Sky box, then try again.

you are a bloody genius, dont let anyone else tell you otherwise!!

thanks for superfast reply, couldnt have asked for more...

AV forums rule....

Andy

Is it possibly to program the XS32 to change the channel on sky within the timer programme menu?

My sister has one of these machines (E85 user myself!), and although I can work out how to turn the channel over manually, I can't see how you can make the unit do it automatically when recording,

I've been looking through the instruction manual (about 20 times thicker than the E85), but haven't found anything of any substance about the feature. :(

Yes you can - it needs the "SAT CONT" button again. When you are setting the timer, when selecting the channel you want to record, press "SAT CONT" - the letter "S" (for satellite) will appear on the timer menu. Now enter the channel number (e.g. 27). The Tosh will then change the channel on the Sky box to ch. 27 when it is time to record. Need to leave the Sky box on, however.

Mark

Thanks for that redsox_mark, much appreciated. Will pass the info on! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom