RDXS32 SetUp Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cube, Nov 30, 2004.

1. cube

cube

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I’ve finally took the plunge and got a Toshiba RDXS32 yesterday... Fantastic!
    I am however having a few problem setting up.
    I’m trying to get the Sat.Moni button on the remote to allow me to watch Freeview whilst im recording from the built in tuner... But so far no luck.
    My set up is;
    RDXS32 connected to my TV using S-video and audio connect to hi-fi. My freeview box if connected into AV2 Scart and I have a VCR connected into AV1 so I can copy off some old videos.

As I understand it I should be able to record via the built-in tuner or from VCR and then hit the Sat.Moni button and be able to still use the Freeview box but at the moment all that happens is the SatMoni comes on the display but nothing seems to happen.... Am I making a child like error here? Do I need to connect is up differently?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. JFBUK

JFBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you successfully recorded from freeview ?
    Does your freeview box output RGB ?
    If it does not and you have AV2 set for RGB then you will get nothing ?

3. kdp99

kdp99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Pretty sure SatMon only loops AV2 to AV1, so connect freeview to Tosh Av2 and Tosh Av1 to TV, all should be set to RGB for best Pic.

Keith

4. cube

cube

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replys,
    yes can record from it no problem and watch fine when not recording.
    I had a feeling it may be down to using s-vid to my tv rather than the av1 output.... ill get another scart lead and give it a go.