RDXS32 sat settings help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Teresa, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Teresa

Teresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I cant seem to get the sat set up correctly for use with video+ the tosh controls the panny dusb30 no problem says input missing when i try and set the video+ ...do i have to use a RF connection for the tosh to work with video+ .......its connected via AV2 as per the manual tv is AV1 and all settings regards input/output top box etc are all correct, it cant find the sat channel on auto setup or manual even when i set the sat to sat channel on manual..it cant find a channel ...so i am assumeing you have to connect it via RF as well as scart for video+ to work correctly? if so will it record via rf as i dont really want that i want it recorded via AV2 ...thing is i cant find a spare RF cable to hook up...

2. monocrider

monocrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, you don't need to use an RF connection to get Videoplus+ working for satelite.

I have my Digibox connected by AV2 and record using Videoplus+ with no problems.

I'm just off out for the morning, so don't have time to write a long reply now - If you go through the setup instructions again you should be able to get it sorted, or I will try and explain in datail this afternoon if you're still having problems.

Regards,
    John

3. monocrider

monocrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, back from my cycle ride now !

The satellite setup info was included on a seperate single sheet that was just laying in the box of my XS32 - presumably added as an afterthought ?

Anyways, what you have to do is:
    1. On "Setup" "Initial Settings" make sure "Set top box settings" are set to AV2 and the appropriate remote code for your decoder.

2. Go into Manual tuning and scroll down past all 99 RF channels to reach the SAT channels.

3. For each satellite channel you will programme by Videoplus+ enter the Sky channel number in "Home CH" (e.g. 106 for Sky One) and the Videoplus Guide channel number in "Guide CH" (e.g. 101 for Sky One).

4. Save the changes (which I forgot to do first time :blush: )

Hope this makes sense, it works OK for me.

If you don't have the extra single sheet, I am happy to scan mine in and email a copy to you.

For a list of the guide channels see:
    http://www.gemstar.co.uk/?&page=10&...try=UK&nameofcountry=United Kingdom / Ireland

Only problem I have is that I can't do E4 from Videoplus+, so my guess is that the guide channel for it isn't 176.

Anyone got Videoplus working for E4 ? If so, which guide channel are you using ?

Regards,
    John

4. Teresa

Teresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there thanks for all the info you posted still no luck and i dont have the setup guide leaflet in the box, i followed your instructions and still nothing wont change the channel i presume when you programme video plus you select av2? a scanned email copy of the setp guide would be nice that would help me out thanks looking forward to your email :)

5. Teresa

Teresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i may go get an rf cable tommorow plug that in see if that helps...