RDXS32 sat mon questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dood, Aug 25, 2005.

1. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have a problem that I was hoping would be solved by the sat mon function but seems it won't. If I understand it correctly (I've done a search here and read previous threads on sat mon), the sat mon function routes the AV2 input through the AV1 output. What I want to know is whether this is also fed through the component and audio (RCA) outputs.

My decoder is set to RGB scart and is connected to AV2. However the AV1 scart is connected to my amp via scart to RCA cables (composite video). My amp cannot upconvert these to component. Therefore it seems that if I use the sat mon function, I will be downgrading my picture from RGB to composite. Ideally I would like the RGB scart input to convert to component out from the tosh, and thence to my plasma screen. However, this would require the tosh to be switched on. Am I correct?
    If so, I can't see a workaround as my plasma does not have scart connections.

The reason I'm keen to get my signal fed with the sat mon function is that I want to program my pronto to start everything up at the touch of a button in order for my family to watch, whilst at the same time getting the best PQ. The tosh does not have discrete input and on off codes, so if I have to switch on the tosh and select input automatically, I'm bound to get it wrong as the pronto won't know the previous status of the tosh (on/off, input).

Can anyone advise me on what to do?

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Sat Moni only passes through the RGB signal (AV2 to AV1). To convert to component, the XS32 needs to be on, with Sat Moni off. Other than leaving the XS32 on all the time I don't see a simple solution to do what you want.

Mark