RDXS32 chapter issue - to sum up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fredzouille, Jan 5, 2005.

1. fredzouille

fredzouille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    reading some of the posted threads, it appears that chapter creation from original video and playlist editing with these chapters leads to slight pause between chapters when final video is read from any media : HDD or DVD .

One solution may be to set up GOP (Group of Pictures) mode when cutting original video in chapters in order
    to match an I frame (from the MPEG flow).

Is there any method to be more accurate than GOP intervall for chapter settings in order to avoid this issue ?

Best,
    fred

2. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been doing all my editing in GOP mode and it doesn't make any difference - it's only a brief pause tho, not particularly intrusive.

It's a better result than editing in VR mode, which just had the effect of moving all my chapter points slightly once i burned to a blank disc....

As far as i know, GOP interval editing is the most accurate way to mark chapter and edit points (it certainly gave me headaches trying to get round it back when i was editing video on my PC) and the pause is just an unfortunate side-effect. But it's no biggy. Seriously.... ;)