RDRHXD870 - Euro Vox synch problem

M

martin07

I have recently upgraded and bought a Sony KDL40W2000 LCD & Sony RDRHXD870 HD/DVD recorder.
I am unable to get the DVD recorder to tune in any TV channels or pick up any of the guide + settings. Followed all the settings but still getting nothing and it is driving me crazy.
Can anyone help please???????

hi, welcome to the forums

unfortunatly this is the wrong section for your question, so i will move this to dvd recorders for you :smashin:

best of luck

paul

I read a review of that recorder in a Danish magazine. They experienced the same problem.

Actually, this model only searches via the digital tuner. I think they switched to analogue and did a manual search.

Hope it helps or someone has deeper knowledge than this.

I have recently upgraded and bought a Sony KDL40W2000 LCD & Sony RDRHXD870 HD/DVD recorder.
I am unable to get the DVD recorder to tune in any TV channels or pick up any of the guide + settings. Followed all the settings but still getting nothing and it is driving me crazy.
Can anyone help please???????

Are you sure that you have connected your analogue signal into the correct BellingLee on the back side of your HXD-870 There are two pairs of BellingLee connectors one pair for In/Out of digital (DVB-T) and the other for In/Out of Analogue.

If this is correct then try in Initial Setup / Analogue Tuner / Auto Channel Setting / Auto Scan

Also for guide plus you have to ensure that against EPG type you have selected Guide + and NOT digital.

Here at this link is a guide + for dummies

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=648760

I hope my post has been of use :)

Are you sure that you have connected your analogue signal into the correct BellingLee on the back side of your HXD-870 There are two pairs of BellingLee connectors one pair for In/Out of digital (DVB-T) and the other for In/Out of Analogue.

If this is correct then try in Initial Setup / Analogue Tuner / Auto Channel Setting / Auto Scan

Also for guide plus you have to ensure that against EPG type you have selected Guide + and NOT digital.

Here at this link is a guide + for dummies

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=648760

I hope my post has been of use :)

Thanks very much for you help.
I have now completed all the connections as you described and my HXD-870 has now picked up all the terrestrial channels.
I still have a problem with it tuning to my eurovox decoder. It seems to find a signal from this source but it does not recognise the channel being changed but stays tuned to a sky sports channel. Any help on this issue much appreciated.

Thanks very much for you help.
I have now completed all the connections as you described and my HXD-870 has now picked up all the terrestrial channels.
I still have a problem with it tuning to my eurovox decoder. It seems to find a signal from this source but it does not recognise the channel being changed but stays tuned to a sky sports channel. Any help on this issue much appreciated.

I don't know much about the EuroVox decoder other than what I have just had a quick "google" at.

But it appears to be a cable TV "converter box" is that correct?

If so does it output each of the cable TV channels on their own UHF carrier such that you would have to tune in the Analogue side of the HXD-870 to receive each channel? If so connection and tuning seem quite easy.

Or do you select the channel that you want to watch on the EuroVox box and then the HXD-870 should automatically select the input source?

If so then:

Looking in the manual at page 33 it shows an "external decoder" connected to the HXD-870 via SCART however the key point of the setup is that L1 is now set to "decoder" and then at points 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19 on page 35 you appear to have to do another Analogue Scan.

It also looks like in the Guide + you at point 8 on page 29 have also to set the brand of receiver in this case EuroVox or ????

You also appear to have to use the "set top box controller" located close to the senser on the external decoder. Info on this is again on page 29. Bottom Right Hand Corner.

But the key point appears to be if an external decoder is to correctly interwork with the HXD-870 then the channel numbers on the external box HAVE TO correspond to the same channels numbers on the HXD-870 for the same program i.e BBC1 on channel 1 on both devices.

So that when you select a program on the external box using the external box handheld remote, the HXD-870 also sees the command from the external box handheld remote and at the same time switches the HXD-870 to its "decoder" port.

If it don't work anything like that but just like an external "freeview box" then it looks like you should set the SCART to L1 and then select L1 on the HXD-870 and the program that you want to watch/record on the external decoder.

I hope what I have written is helpful but I have never set one of these up before....sorry.

I don't know much about the EuroVox decoder other than what I have just had a quick "google" at.

But it appears to be a cable TV "converter box" is that correct?

If so does it output each of the cable TV channels on their own UHF carrier such that you would have to tune in the Analogue side of the HXD-870 to receive each channel? If so connection and tuning seem quite easy.

Or do you select the channel that you want to watch on the EuroVox box and then the HXD-870 should automatically select the input source?

If so then:

Looking in the manual at page 33 it shows an "external decoder" connected to the HXD-870 via SCART however the key point of the setup is that L1 is now set to "decoder" and then at points 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19 on page 35 you appear to have to do another Analogue Scan.

It also looks like in the Guide + you at point 8 on page 29 have also to set the brand of receiver in this case EuroVox or ????

You also appear to have to use the "set top box controller" located close to the senser on the external decoder. Info on this is again on page 29. Bottom Right Hand Corner.

But the key point appears to be if an external decoder is to correctly interwork with the HXD-870 then the channel numbers on the external box HAVE TO correspond to the same channels numbers on the HXD-870 for the same program i.e BBC1 on channel 1 on both devices.

So that when you select a program on the external box using the external box handheld remote, the HXD-870 also sees the command from the external box handheld remote and at the same time switches the HXD-870 to its "decoder" port.

If it don't work anything like that but just like an external "freeview box" then it looks like you should set the SCART to L1 and then select L1 on the HXD-870 and the program that you want to watch/record on the external decoder.

I hope what I have written is helpful but I have never set one of these up before....sorry.

Thanks very much again, I am now up and running. Followed the instructions you gave me and all systems go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom