RDR-HXDX870 copy problem

Yons

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am trying to compile a DVD of old VHS tape material and computer based MPEG1 files. I have successfully imported and edited the VHS material on my Australian Sony RDR-HXDX870. I have burn DVDs and results are ok (given old VHS). However I can’t copy the MPEG material. I have transferred the MPEG1 to MPEG2 file format using Blaze Media Pro 6.1. The Sony Recorder doesn’t recognise the single MPEG2 file on either CD or DVD. I have also tried by creating a DVD – with the Video_TS directory and associated files. I can play the DVD, but the Sony won’t let me Dub as the DVD/CD -> HDD option is greyed. The message I get “Cannot create a Dubbing List for this disc. Please dub by pressing HDD/DVD Dub during playback”. I tried this but it says it can’t perform this operation due to “TV System setting for recorder and disc do not match. Cannot dub”. I don’t think I have altered the setting(s). Has anyone tried this and resolved it? I know the quality will be not great and happy to hear if anyone had any experience in improving the quality or at least managing reduction in the transfers (both VHS and MPEG files).

use winavi or convertx2dvd to import the mpeg files and output as a dvd

or use main concept to change the mpegs to dvd format , then import into tmpgenc dvd author and author and burn a dvd

you dont need the sony for this , just the pc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom