• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RDR-HXD860 Switches On.......then Off!!

n1ckster

Help!

My RDR-HXD860 keeps switching itself off after the 'Welcome' message and then will try and switch itself back on, only to go through the same process.

I have removed all the rf and power cables; holding the power button in on the unit itself; and trying to control the unit using the Sony remote, all to no avail; it simply keeps cycling through the unit switching on, a click of a relay inside the case, the fan kicking in, the welcome message before turning off.

Is there anything I can try before I send it back to the supplier? It is about 4 months old and has been working perfectly until now! Maybe it has taken offence to some of the DVD titles I have brought home this evening.....

Nick

M

mrfreeview

Help!

My RDR-HXD860 keeps switching itself off after the 'Welcome' message and then will try and switch itself back on, only to go through the same process.

I have removed all the rf and power cables; holding the power button in on the unit itself; and trying to control the unit using the Sony remote, all to no avail; it simply keeps cycling through the unit switching on, a click of a relay inside the case, the fan kicking in, the welcome message before turning off.

Is there anything I can try before I send it back to the supplier? It is about 4 months old and has been working perfectly until now! Maybe it has taken offence to some of the DVD titles I have brought home this evening.....

Nick

Sounds very sick to me!

If it were a computer (which basically it is!) then I would suspect one of the start up programs to have become corrupt.

Of course with the HXD870 there are no disk or program utilities that you can run other than the defrag....but you can't get to that option.

If I were you I would contract SONY get a reference number from their help desk and take it from there.

I hope my post has been of use :)

C

Captainfranko

Try this - it just worked for me...

I did a factory reset, press 'System Menu' on your remote,

Then choose "Setup>Others>Factory Setup>All (scroll right down for "all")

and run the factory setup.

10 Mins ago, I couldn't even load a disk, now it's working. If th problem returns, it's probably the power supply. Try plugging it directly into the wall rather than via a multi-adapter.

Good luck!

CF

C

Captainfranko

I beg to differ - my reply was not just for the original poster's benefit - it was for people just like me searching for a solution to this problem too.

Secondly, as it may be a psu problem, I have seen elsewhere that swapping the plug into the wall did work.

How do you type blowing a raspberry & smiling?

No malice intended. :)

JH4

Yeh, a 'cold' re-boot by unplugging seems to cure one or 2 issues with this machine. I had a failure to handshake with the HDMI connection which was cured by this method. A cold re-boot cured it. Nothing to do with mains adapters,tho.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom