rdac kw interferes with pc wireless

Alan Bee

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the rdac kw for streaming music wirelessly to my hifi.It does this flawlessly and sounds great.
Because of my computers location in the house I have to use a wireless setup for internet access.
My problem is that every time I use the rdac it kills my pc's wireless signal .It either weakens it extremely or kills it .
Has anybody experienced this or know of a way to fix it?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Try changing the wireless channel on your router

I changed the wireless channel from ch 11 to ch 1 and it made no difference.

The best option then would be to install Homeplugs for your PC network, much more stable than wireless. Or, as the rdac-kw operates in the 2.4GHz band, the same as your router, then change the router to a dual band N-class and use the 5GHz option which means you also need wireless cards in your PC that support 5GHz, but Homeplugs are probably the simplest way to go.

Hello Larkone.
I tried the homeplug solution with a dlink product and one of the units fried when I plugged it in so I returned it and decided to get a better router,one that is dual band.
I got the Netgear R6300 and am extremely pleased.Everything works fantastic with a full strength signal as to the half strength signal my old router provided.No problems at all with the rdac kw running.I also allowed my grandaughter to connect a few more devices to my network and the signal didn't flinch :smashin:.
Thank-you for your advice.

:thumbsup: Glad to have helped

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom