1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD65 Service menu?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SimonHod, Jan 20, 2005.

1. SimonHod

SimonHod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there know a way to view info on the current feed the rd50/65 is receiving? I presume some sort of service menu must exist??

2. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    info on this is non existant as far as I can tell (unless someone knows better) , I've been told the sagem axium codes do not work either

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    LOL.... Ae you thrying to tweak the RD set for 60Hz yourself. :clap:

4. SimonHod

SimonHod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tell you what Razor. I wish i could. But seriously though I really wanted to see what my DVD player is feeding the TV (Amongst other things). Shame.

It was a bit of a shot in the dark wasn't it..!

5. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I think we all wish you could fix it. It is a shame that you can tell what signal the RD unit is being fed.

Phone Optoma, they should know.

6. big ric

big ric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you press the act.window button which is to the right of the ok button it tells you on screen what connection is being used and what signal is being sent such as scart 2 and rgb signal hope this helps any news on the manuals yet arn't they meant to be better than the one which you can download
    big Ric

7. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i hope the manuals turn out better they can't be any worse just tried out the act window button thanks for that
    big ric was'nt it u that reported no judder using a pioneer 576? how have u been getting on i'd like to know how it compares with a high end DVD player picturewise.
    My wife has threatened to kill me if i don't get my Tower PC out of the living room & i can't afford to build a HTPC just yet :(

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    LOL.... I can just imagine your wife nagging you, whilst your trying out all different dvd packages :)

I do mine when she's in bed. Peace and quiet.

9. big ric

big ric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    yes it was me with the pioneer 575 it does help with the judder but the picture is not as good as i think the rd50 deserves i hope to get a dvd player with dvi out soon as any body tried an arcarm dvd player as that is meant to convert ntsc60 to pal50 and the picture as got to be better than my pioneer but then it is about £800 more
    big Ric

10. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ric,
    if i had £800 to spend i would go the HTPC route after seeing what a PC can do the DVI does make a big diferance as does the graphic card u use.
    I would love to see a comparison of a HTPC with a top graphics card with the Arcam 79 or Denon 3910, i have never seen a top DVD player in action unless they were using one to drive the Plasmas when i went into Sevenoaks hi fi Birmingham last month .I can say that my PC to RD50 through the DVI was the best picture i have ever seen.
    The march issue of PC pro (out now i cud have sworn it is still January. Wish i could get the paper a day early i'd make a killing at the Bookies) has a good review of HTPC's (would have been a lot better if they had mentioned picture quality) check out
    pages 50 ,56 ,68 , 113 :)

11. philbam

philbam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi Big Ric
    I use the Arcam 79 via the DVI/HDMI route and can honestly say that the picture(and sound) is awesome, quite the best I have ever seen, and would recommend the Arcam to everybody!!
    Does not convert pal 60 to pal50 i'm afraid!!
    Have tried a cheapo DVD player,the AKURA 148S, (a player that I had given to me);this can get this player to play Pal 50 which helps the judder a lot but I'm afraid the bad news is that the picture is pretty aweful and therefore no advantage.
    Go for the Arcam 79, I don't think there is a better player on the market!!