RD50 upscaling

B

big ric

hi
Could anyone tell me what inputs are upscaled on the rd 50 is it only the dvi input as i would like to buy a new dvd player but not sure whether to get one with upscaling like denon2910 or leave it to the optoma i will be glad when i get a proper manual so i dont have to post questions like this
Thanx
big Ric

I would guess all inputs are upscaled to its only native res.

Alan

I have sources going into the DVI and COMP-P. Both utilise the TV's internal scaling. From what I gather this can only be avoided by providing the TV with a signal which matches its native resolution. In this case 720p. I understand some of the Denons can do this as well as the Pio DVD players. Alternatively you can look at an iScan HD or equivalent I suppose..

All inputs are de-interlaced (if necessary) and scaled to native. It's the old question of whether the processing in the player is better than that in the display.

Big Ric, It sounds like you decided to keep your RD50 then, mine will be turning up soon... hopefully....

hi
at the moment my sky+ is going through RGB scart the picture is fine but i dont think it as been upscaled anybody else doing this what do you think
big Ric

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom