RD-XS32 Titles & Chapters

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nabulldog, Dec 20, 2004.

1. nabulldog

nabulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading the owners manual I am a little confused on editing the Titles,Chapters and Play List.

I am wanting to make a DVD of my daughters wedding. I have 3 camera angles with 3 different formats(VHS, Hi-8,MiniDV).

This is what I think the manual is telling me.
    Step 1: Copy from the original tape to HDD
    Step 2: Create a Title for it
    Step 3: Create Chapters, which breaks the video up and makes moving or copying sections easier.
    Step 4: Make a playlist to arrange your titles the way you like them.
    Step 5: Burn your playlist to DVD

Is this correct?

If I am to combine all 3 videos I think I need to create one playlist with chapters from all 3 videos then burn to dvd. Is this correct?

After I Burn to DVD I would like to make copies of it in the Future by copying the dvd to the HDD then burn from the HDD to DVD. Would this be the correct method for make a copy of the DVD?

The manual indicates that if you copy from DVD to HDD you may lose some resolution.

How do you lose resolution? Isn't this digital(1's and 0's)?I

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    If what you want in the end is a single title (with multiple chapters) containing material from all 3 original videos, then yes - you want a single playlist which contains those chapters you want.

You can also put multiple playlists on a DVD. So, for example, if you wanted each of these views to be a separate title, you could create playlist 1 for angle 1, playlist 2 for angle 2, and playlist 3 for angle 3, then create a DVD with all 3 playlists. Each would appear as a separate title in your main DVD menu.

Mark

3. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sound OK but you can do multiple titles with different playlist etc.

Recording from DVD to HD will lose quality if NOT recorded on the Toshiba because you would have record it using "U-line dub" which is like recording a live programme.

You can use high speed dubs and discs recorded on the Toshiba to put back onto the HDD without lose of quality.

Try it out on a -RW to make sure you know what to do first.

Basically you put in the DVD (recorded on Tosh) then press the content menu (not the dvd menu) if you then select quick menu and high speed dubbing you can put it back to the HDD.

4. GoldFish

GoldFish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just my quick 2ps worth.
    Step4 : you are not restricted to just titles, you can arrange different chapters from different titles to a play list in any orders you like.
    Step 5 : you can also do a trial-run by copy the playlist to HDD; create an original copy and then check the end results before dumping to DVD.

HTH

Tan

5. nabulldog

nabulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had a problem retaining information on the HDD when the unit has lost power (unplugged)?

Using a DVD-r to record to, Has anyone experienced compatability or poor playback problems(poor video, won't play at all) when the DVD-r is played back in other DVD Players?