RD-XS32 questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gazza30, Sep 16, 2004.

1. gazza30

gazza30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been trying to decide between the tosh32 and Pioneer520 and after reading all the excellent reviews on this forum I think I have finally decided to take the plunge and go for the Toshiba. However, I just have a couple of queries before I do so. I think I read somewhere that the tosh32 doesn't have animated thumbnails, is this true. If so, can you at least select a scene image from the recorded programme to be used as a thumbnail for each recording. Also, does this recorder have a time/commercial skip function.

I have another query which doesn't really belong here but you are all so knowledgable that I'm sure someone will know the answer. I have my sky digibox connected to the RGB input on my Toshiba TV but when I select RGB output on sky the picture shifts to the left, to the extent that I lose part of the image and any text on the left of the screen. The picture also gets slightly brighter and any text get extremely bright and blurred slightly. Colour input on the TV is set to auto so it should detect the RGB feed. Is this a characteristic of an RGB signal or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks for any help.

2. chumley

chumley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only had the Tosh32 for a few days but I can answer your first question and tell you that yes, you can select any scene from a recording and save it as the thumbnail. I don't think it has animated thumbnails (or not that i've found anyway). I haven't found commercial skip either. As I say, I've only had it a few days and haven't read all the manual yet (which is a bit scary by the way).
    Hope this helps, Chumley.

3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Gazza,
    No animated thumbs, but for those special DVDs its worth getting TMPGenc DVD author (or something similar) to create them on a PC.

It does have a skip button that can be set to the amount you want to skip something like 30 secs, 1 min, 5 mins. I think its called instant skip on the remote