1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD-XS32 - Not available anywhere!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gazza30, Sep 19, 2004.

1. gazza30

gazza30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been trying to get hold of one of these but nobody seems to have them in stock (I think the good reviews on this forum have made them too popular). Was hoping to get one from Richer Sounds as there is a shop where I live but apparently the central depot have none in stock, no more on order, and they may not get any more. Anyone know of any suppliers who have them is stock?

2. Maximumbaz

Maximumbaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. bowler900

bowler900

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Plenty at Costco Watford tonight at £387.98 (Region2)

5. Jerrysimon

Jerrysimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If you are happy for region two and get them to price match John Lewis have them and include a free 2 year guarantee :)

Jerry

6. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I ordered mine from rgb direct yesterday, had a confirmation mail today to say delivery should be 3-5 days, multiregion for £389.00 about the best I could find on the net at the time (and I don't work for rgb) cant wait for it to be delivered many thanks to rascak for answering my many posts about what recorder to get.

7. DavidVFR

DavidVFR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get too excited yet as that's 3-5 days before despatch. I ordered mine on the 14th and was promised despatch within 3-5 days but have yet to receive anything, not even another email giving me an update. :(

I shall be ringing them in the morning to find out the status of my order. If the Tosh is in stock I'm not sure why it should take 3-5 days before they even get around to sending it. :confused:

Given the good feedback already given to RGB Direct it's probably just a case of them being inundated with orders - I'll let you know!

David.

8. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmmn worried now... I mailed them today asking for the city link courier nbr so I can chase delivery and they mailed me back later asking to ring them so they can give it to me, hopefully all is ok and they have some stock since you ordered. hopefully thats the case. I'll post back tomorrow and let you knwo how I get on when I phone them.

9. JohnC

JohnC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I checked Richer Sounds yesturday morning 21st Sept and they had 5 in their warehouse, I was told if I was quick I could order one via my local branch.... however on phoning my local branch thay had just taken a delivery of one and Im picking it up today....

So they are still getting them in, all-be-it in drips and drabs...
    I also phoned Digital Direct in Bolton yesturday morning who had two region 2 for £369.
    John

10. DavidVFR

DavidVFR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Surpise, mine arrived this morning! :clap: Seems RGB are good at pricing but not too good at keeping the customer up to date. Mind you, I see they've just introduced order-tracking on their website so I've obviously been caught in their transitional period. Still, a week for free P&P isn't too bad I suppose.

I'm just going to sit down with the manual, a technical dictionary and some paracetomol! :D

David.

11. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    DavidVFR - don't read the manual, just dive in :) I used the slimmer set up manual to tune it and so on, but then just hit "setup" and saw what could be tinkered with for screen format, defaults and so on.

Somebody else said there are lots of useful bits under quickmenu and easinav buttons which I have started to use regularly. I just worked out that the "chp div" button works in normal playback to set chapter marks 'on the fly' whilst watching. This has been useful as a way of marking songs during music recordings e.g. V2004 festival, but I will also use it for removing ads when watching something that is destined for archive. Oh - does my "discovery" explain why I should have read the manual :)

Anyway, enjoy, I am sure you will find it an excellent piece of kit!

12. DavidVFR

DavidVFR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Neville, I ended up doing exactly as you said - the manuals just got thicker and thicker! The worst part was working out which connections to use between sat, Tosh, TV and amp. I still haven't managed to get WSS to work if I use sat->Tosh->TV. :confused: For the moment I have Tosh and sat plugged into individual scarts on the TV with a separate scart from sat to Tosh - at least that way I can record RGB. I must investigate the scart wiring forum. :D

David.

13. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    glad you got yours all ok I phoned them today and I should get delivery tomorrow by city link (lets hope my wife stays in tomorrow) still by the sound of it I wont be able to let it sit in its box and I'll end up messing around with it trying to set it up spending most of the night and end up wishing I'd left it unitl the weekend, may do the same as you guys and just dive in and try to get it up and running...

14. PJD

PJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if there is a RD-XS32 User Manual in pdf file format available not that I am one for manuals like some said get in and drive it.

Thanks

15. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah, my tosh arrived from rgb this morning, still at work so I'm going to have a mess around with it tonight, just hope its half as good as everyone is saying, although I'm not looking forward to hooking up with the other equipment and getting it working correctly.

16. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    The worst thing u can do with the Tosh is read the manual most of the text is complete bollix, just fiddle with the remote and things seem to just work out, and eventually its a iece of P***

17. Maximumbaz

Maximumbaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  18. Chris_R

Chris_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  19. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The link seems to work OK for me - do you have a firewall/software/hardware restricting access? You could always goto www.toshiba.co.uk and navigate to the DVD recorders, RDXS32 page.

20. Chris_R

Chris_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good call, it was my zone alarm firewall, i have downloaded them now, cheers. I wish i hadnt though :eek: As others have said big confusing manuals. Perhaps it will make better sense when my Tosh arrives from unbeatable. I think i could be in for a wait though.