1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD-XS32 - Have I got the right audio settings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gazza30, Oct 3, 2004.

1. gazza30

gazza30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took the plunge and went for the RD-XS32, well impressed with it and nowhere near as complicated as I had been led to believe. However, I was wondering if I had got my audio settings right. I have a Dolby Pro-Logic TV which is connected to the DVD recorder via a scart lead (there is no digital coaxial/optical input on the TV). I have set the RDXS32 audio output to 'Analogue 2 Channel', is this the right option to go for. Are the 'Bitstream' and 'PCM' output settings only for TV's with direct digital connectivity (eg. optical/coaxial inputs).

Also, can anyone explain a bit more about the 'DVD Compatibility Mode'. All I have been able to work out is that if I want to record onto a DVD-R/RW I need to select Mode 1 or Mode 2. However, I can't work out what the difference is between these two modes, is it something to do with the number of audio soundtracks (eg. bi-lingual). What setting should I have it on. Is there any advantage to having it set to 'off'.

2. Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The 'Analogue 2 Channel' will provide the Stereo signal your Pro-Logic decoder will need.

The 'DVD Compatibility Mode' is very badly worded in the manual, it refers to broadcasts where there are two separate audio streams (eg multi-language).
    I have mine set up as DVD Mode(I), but I haven't noticed any difference with stuff recorded with it off and then dubbed to DVD.