1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD-XS 32 RW Query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gilera, Apr 15, 2005.

1. gilera

gilera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there is a way of getting DVD -RW burnt on a computer to play in RD-XS 32?

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    If it is a DVD-Video you created on the computer, then it should play on the XS32. I know the XS32 can only write to 1-2X -RW discs, not sure about reading, but it may be the same; what speed disc are you using?

The XS32 can also be picky about different types of media; try TDK Scratchproof 1-2X.

Mark

3. gilera

gilera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark, I can not get them to play and i have been looking at comment in owners manual on p 26 para - Note on recording on a DVD-RW disc which says : Some DVD-RW discs initialised on a PC may not be usable.
    I wondered if one could somehow finalise these.

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Hmm... well the discs will need to have been finalised on the PC to have any chance of being read, but I assume they are. If the XS32 doesn't recognise them, then there is no way to "refinalise" them on the XS32.

If you've already created these discs and the XS32 won't read them, I don't think there is anything you can do. If you are going to create a new one, you could try initialising the disc first on the XS32, then rewriting it on the PC... may not make a difference, I'm not sure what the initialisation does.

Mark

5. gilera

gilera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i think it is impossible as the discs play OK on my stand alone cheapy player. I was really trying to see if one could finalise these discs on the XS 32 as whatever occurs on my computer is obviously different.