1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rce

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gargoyle, Jul 11, 2001.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I was on play247's website a couple of minutes ago intending to order the recently released 'superman' region one dvd's.
    However , I noticed that alongside each dvd description was the wording 'region code enhanced'- I normally buy region one but this is the first time I'v heard of rce - is this a special form of encoding which prevents these discs from playing on hacked machines?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer - it depends on the player and the "hack" or "chip". For example, I have a chipped Pioneer 737 and it plays RCE items just fine. Generally, if you have a means of MANUALLY setting region 1, then you should be OK. If your player is automatic region code, then it MAY not play RCE items.

However, I believe the Superman set is not actually RCE.

3. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    true: SUPERMAN IS NOT R.C.E, play only do this to cover there backs but when it actually comes to it very few turn out to be RCE. The r1 titles i know that are true are HOLLOWMAM AND CHARLIES ANGELS although these were distributed by Columbia.
    mark p.

4. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for a list of RCE titles have a look on my homepage, the link is below