1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rce

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by welshpaul, Dec 28, 2003.

1. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Looking on various sites i see a lot of upcoming releases are being advertised as RCE discs. Swat, Underworld etc.

I am aware that some companies automatically state a film is RCE if released by colombia tristar.

Where can i find out if the film is definetly RCE or not??

2. chris6364

chris6364

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ALL new region 1 releases from Columbia will carry RCE. In addition Warner seem to be introducing it on to some of their discs (including Region 2 - Two Weeks Notice and Cradle 2 The Grave both feature RCE - there is probably more). Also Paramount have implemented RCE on The Italian Job 2003, The Core and Tomb Raider 2.

New Line Cinema are also planning on introducing this to their region 1 titles as of summer 2004.

But...for those with a chipped Multiregion machine, we just look straight through 'RCE'.:clap:

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Which makes me wonder why the studios even bother spending the extra to include it. It only affects those trying to play a disc on a non local machine and to do that it (the player) has to be multi-region and as you quite rightly point out (the majority of) those machines see right through RCE anyways.

:suicide: :laugh:

A useful link

and another

4. PaulaB

PaulaB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are you sure its on Tomb Raider 2 and the Core? With my old pioneer 515 if I put MIIB in it I have to go through the hassle of putting another r1 first, but with TR2 and The Core it played straight without any hassle

5. chris6364

chris6364

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tomb Raider 2 definately has it, put it in my PC, and when it tried to load, a message popped up in InterActual Player, stating the disc was RCE encoded, and could not proceed with playback, obviously after a couple of button presses played it back fine!!