1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCE with a Pioneer DV717

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Droogie 2001, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Droogie 2001

Droogie 2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I bought a Pioneer DV 717 back in March 99 and had it Region hacked by Techtronics at the same time.<br />I have been very pleased with the performance of the player.<br />Does anyone know whether this player is blocked by RCE.<br />I do not have to manually change region codes to play US (or any other region) disks it just plays.<br />I have read in some magazines that this player is not affected but they do not say what hacks it applies to. <br />I know the obvious answer is to try one out on it but I do not know anyone with an RCE disk and I obviously don't want to waste my money on testing it out myself.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I have a Pioneer 717 modded by Techtronics as well - and the only RCE job I've tried is the Patriot with Mel Gibson - which worked fine wih no problem whatsoever. I've never had any problems with any disc. A great machine. Oh I also think Crouching Tiger is a RCE case which worked but that was also fine.

CJ

[ 20-08-2001: Message edited by: CJROSS ]</p>

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Difficult to give a definite answer but some modifications also allow RCE compatible discs to be played.<br />It depends on make/model and type (who did it) of modification.

Guess that means you need to take a risk and try it ...

4. Frustin

Frustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got mine done just last night and its rca compatable. Way to do it:

1. Menu button<br />2. Issue menu<br />3. display button<br />4. make sure its set for region 1<br />5. Come out of it and then you should be able to put your rca disk in and it works.

Works this way on mine. If you have it set for region 2 and put in an RCA disk it wont work.