RCE on LG 4210?

Bozza

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

Hopefully someone will be able to answer my question:-

I have an LG 4210 which I have set to region 0 and I play all my films from any region without any fuss. Now,I am about to purchase my first RCE disc and I have a funny feeling that it will not play, this is the reason.

I have been told that when you use a normal region 1,2 etc disc it asks what region the player is, i.e R2 disc asks the R2 player are you R2?, if the player responds yes then the disc will play.
When you use an RCE i.e on a multi region machine it will say, are you a R1 machine, if it says yes the disc spins up again and this time asks if the machine is R2, if it says yes this time the disc will not play. Now you're all probably wondering why I'm still rabbeting so I'll get to the point. Apparantly if you put the LG player to R1 setting it will still plat R2 discs but not vice versa, does that mean that even if I set the player to R1 and the disc asks the second question (Are you R2?) the machine will respond yes and the disc will not play?

If anyone has any answers from first hand expierence or knows and sites that might have the info I would be VERY grateful.

Thank you

RCE disks don't play on R0 (region-free) players.

The RCE disk will ask the player if it is a R1 player and if it says "yes" then it will play. If it answers anything else, then it won't.

If you can set your player to specifically be R1 via the handset hack then it should/might work.... Otherwise, you'll need a proper multi-region mod.

More details on how RCE works etc are available here: http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/RegionalCodeEnhancement/RCE.asp

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom