RCE.............Is this a way around it for Tosh owners

M

Mark P

i've discovered this remote control handset hack for Toshiba multi region dvd players. I have the Tosh3107 and i'm wondering if anybody else has used this hack. To find out more click below

http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

i don't want to purchase a RCE disk and find out it doesn't actually work.

Mark P

I have successfully used the "hack" on my Toshiba 2109. It's a bit fiddly (especially to get to the extras) but it won't stop me buying RCE discs (if and when any decent ones come out that is!). The only way you can be sure is to buy or get hold of an RCE disc and try it out. Good luck!

You lucky beggars,I wish I could do this with an already chipped 725 dvd player but not manually switchable region 0 machine :D

:( swartzy :(

This also works fine on my Tosh 2109. I watched Charlies Angels the other day. Although I posed the question a few weeks back, nobody has been able to explain why the Prolines work with RCE when they have a simple handset hack to change them. The world is indeed a strange and wondrous place. And if my tenant happens to be reading this, give me my £1200 you bastard!!!

Hey guys, I have a Toshiba 2001E model, manually chipped, that will not play RCE region 1 discs. I had thought that there was no way to get round this on Toshiba models, but your comments seem to suggest there is a way. I have also read about switching the player to region 0, but I am not sure how to do this. I have just found out that my local DVD supplier has just recieved copies of the region 1 Superman films ( the remastered versions), and of course, they are RCE. Any ideas, guys?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom