1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCE - Hollow Man - Pioneer 717 - SORTED ! ....

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Popester, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Popester

Popester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I first stuck the disk in I got the "for non-midified players only" screen on my Techtronics modified 717. Couldn't shake it.

Worked out how to fool it though. Put in another R1 disc and press 'play', eject the disc and put in the RCE disc and press 'play' on that followed by 'menu' as you can.

SORTED!!! Hollow Man plays fine.

Hope this helps anyone struggling. Maybe it works with other players too?

2. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool

don't own an RCE disc yet, but am dreading the day when I do, I'm not so sure it will work on my player or not.

on the subject, what a bastard RCE is, why are they eager to reduce their market by making some disks unplayable. Surely this will REALLY **** off american folks who have modded thier players, although they may be few, being unable to play a disc manufactured for their own country.

------------------
    'This one's got a bad mmooooooooooooooooootivaaaaaaator (in a very camp voice)'

member formerly known as hank hill

3. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Multiregion is only an issue in Europe and Austrialia.

So why would any American have to get their player modded?, therefore it would work in their R1 machine anyway.

4. Popester

Popester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eh Bradavon.......

In that case why do RCE in the first place!!!!

They put it on to stop OVERSEAS people buying them, whilst no one in their home market will notice the difference as the extra screen won't appear.

Bit obvious?

5. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I repeat -

Multiregion is only an issue in Europe and Austrialia

Where you have to wait for ages for films.

Why would an American want to buy an inferior (most of the time) DVD. When he/she could of bought it months/years ago for a lot cheaper?

Don't you read home cinema magazines. Which where I am quoting it from (I think it actually just said about Europe).

p.s - STOP SHOUTING, IT AIN'T NICE.

6. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received my first RCE disc today, The Patriot. It was with some trepidation I stuck it in my Techtronics mod-ed Panasonic RV60.

I played it after playing another R1 disc, and it played fine a short way into the movie where I stopped it.
    So I turned off the DVD player to standby, turned it back on again and played fine again.

When does the warning message usually come up? Before the options menu appears?

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

7. Popester

Popester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bradavon

Your point seems to be missing.

Stuart

The warning came up on Hollow Man as soon as you put the disk in. Perhaps the Patriot didn't have one, I don't know as I don't have the film. RCE seems to affect different players in different ways and some can be cured with just a hack. I hadn't seen anyone post about the Pioneer and so I did as I had been unsure about buy an RCE film - perhaps others are thinking the same.Glad yours worked OK.

8. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many americans have their players chipped to get jap discs and discs that are not yet released there and are here

jackie brown anyone

as for inferior: their fifth element

dolby surround

existenz...dolby surround

ronin...no extras

matrix R3...more extras

Pulp Fiction R3...more extras

need i go on

you shouldn't be so short sighted and expect all american discs to be superior, they're not and many americans realise this, so they get their players chipped

and low and behold, rce f*cks up their viewing pleasure

------------------

9. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not being short sited.

I agree there is better films out there on different regions other than region 1 (For exmaple James Bond: TWINE) but it is generally known that most Region 1 films are superior to the other regions (in most parts).

Why would a "Region 1" player have any problem playing an RCE Disc?.

10. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as the whole problem with RCE discs is players that have been modded to play all regions and are not a specific region, i.e.
    chipped players. Region 1 players can be chipped this means a problem

RCE disc laughs in the face of the player

owner very ****ed that he cannot watch a disc encoded for his country in his country.

------------------