1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCE firendly DVD Players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by titanax, Jan 28, 2002.

1. titanax

titanax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know any RCE friendly DVD players in the market? Preferably the mid-range ones?

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nearly all of them depending on the mod used.

It is not the player that you have to worry about. It is the mod.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
  5. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Forget Techtronics unless it's your last bet.
    Multiregion Magic are the very best I've come across.

6. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pointon, your link came back host not found!

Titanax - try Richer Sounds: www.richersounds.com

DaveP

7. titanax

titanax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so what you guys are saying is that, it doesn't matter if I have a region 3 dvd player, as long as I get the mod chip, then I can play any region DVD ? I am already aware of that....

but I was under the impression that the DVD distributers came up with the RCE to thwart the mod thingy ?

8. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe if you have a mod fitted you have to go through a swap disk process to get around the RCE bit!

I've got a Sony NS700 and I've not had any problems with RCE, it's not modded, it's just a remote control hack.

DaveP

9. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Jeez.... talk about bringing your work home.

All day I've been in an arguement with a company called... actually better not mention them, confidentiality of people I work with and all that. Anyway they had madness in their name.

It is actually Multiregion MAGIC and it has been rectified.

I need therapy.

RCE - it doesn't affect Region 1. It affects regionless players. Therefore, with a mod or hack or whatever, as long as your player can be put into Region 1 mode whether automatically or manual, RCE cannot affect it. RCE is no big deal at all.

It just makes sure that the R1 disc is being played by an R1 player, and if that player is multiregion, then it is being. No problems. Modded players in my opinion, are far better than handset hacks.

10. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only on a very crap mod. Most mods do not need to do this to beat RCE.

11. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pioneer dv545 that has all the mods possible! I got it from www.avland.co.uk for £269.

I've played region 0,1,2,4 and they work fine. Ntsc and Pal. Macrovision works fine. Ntsc -> pal conversion is sweet. Oh and RCE doesn't affect it as pointon said. Have the patriot and final fantasy (both R1 RCE). No probs.

Have a search on the forum for pioneer dv545, a cracking good midrange player (better than the 444 due to the two scarts and loopthrough).

sweet

:D

ice_cool

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Warner and Columbia/Tristar are the two studios putting DVD out with RCE on them,nobody else has followed suit (I THINK).MGM said they have no plans to do anything like it,although one of their studios in the far east was putting DVD out with a RCE like coding but when MGM found out they put a stop to it.So there are some first pressings of certain films from that region that have this coding on,there is a list at www.dvdtalk.com

13. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As far as i know when you put a disk in a Player the disk checks that the player will accept disks of that region. If the player says yes then the disk starts playing....

With RCE, the disk asks if the player is Region 1. If the players says yess then the disk then asks if it is region 2. If the player says yes again then the disk tells you to go take a hike.

Provided you mod/hack fixes your player to a region other than region 0 for the purpose of playing that disk then you are ok. If it sets it to region 0 then 'no play hosey'.

Im sure most folks out there know about this but thought I would just point it out. (although Im prepared to have my laymans interpretation ammended/corrected).