RCE compatible??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ultimatenyle, Jul 6, 2001.

1. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the 1st generation wharfdale dvd750 can play RCE discs with its simple region hack??
    ;)

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly the Wharfdale has some problems with some region 2 discs anyway.

Hacks entered through the handset and chipped machines that enable the machine to auto select are most vulnerable.

Chipped machines that you have to change the region manually seem most robust.

At best someone can tell you how their Wharfdale has handled discs they have played upto today, you can not draw an assumption that nothing in the future will trip it up.

3. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Wharfedale model you have cannot handle the RCE discs I have tried..i.e.Patriot and Hollow Man.The new Wharfedale M5 does handle the without trouble.The only other thing I would point out is tha\t the RCE discs that have come out so far have been virtually identical to the R2 version which followed,so I for one am not worried about a player's inability to play them.Anyway if you buy a player that can handle them there's no guarantee that you won't have a problem with some other discs.I don't think there is a player on the market that doesn't have a problem with something!