1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCE coding on R1 DVDs / Limit 9900SE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pwhite8314, Nov 28, 2003.

1. pwhite8314

pwhite8314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All

I was just about to buy a couple of CD's of the www.playusa.com site, but one of them was marked as having RCE coding, with this note:

"Please Note: Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE) has recently been added by Warner and Columbia to certain Region 1 DVD's. RCE will prevent the DVD from playing on some "Multi-Region" DVD players. If you are in any doubt that your player may not be able to play RCE DVD's, we recommend that you do not order this title, as we are unable to accept returned RCE DVD's"

I know that a few of you bought the Limit 9900SE prog scan DVDplayer from RS at the beginning of this year; does anyone know if this will play RCE discs? I can't find anything conclusive on the web.

Thanks,

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,
    I had one of these up 'til about 2 months ago and can confirm it plays RCE discs no problem.

3. pwhite8314

pwhite8314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nick.