• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RCA BRC3108 Portable Blu Ray Player.....

Jerome1983

Standard Member
Surprised that i couldnt find any info here about this portable Blu Ray player so i thought i'd start a convo about it......

Despite there not being much info out there i have taken the plunge and ordered one as i seldom buy dvds any more and need a portable player for work (i work nights a lot!!).

Anyway, it appeared that they were all out of my price range (normally about £350 was the going rate) and then this little beauty appeared on my screen...........

Portable Blu-ray Player (2010): technology: hmv.com

Of course once i've given it a good going over i'll let you all know how it pans out.

Spread the word portable blu ray no longer requires remortgaging!!!!!

Jerome1983

Standard Member
well its lovely!!!

Very slick looking, nice packaging, the carry case included is compact with a built in car headrest attachment (sweet, the kids are gonna love that!).

Played the Pixar Cars opening scene on Blu Ray and was very impressed with the quality, of course its not a cinema set-up and nor would i expect it to perform like one, but the picture is perfect, the loading time was very quick. all in all, you really cant beat this player, i'd be surprised if any of the others out there charging double the price would be much better.

the sound throgh the speakers is ok but could do with being a bit louder. but i'll be playing sound through my own speakers so not too fussed.

Would 100% recommend this product to anyone who like me doesnt want to spend a huge chunk of money on a portable blu ray player.

Cheers.

brian.w

Established Member
Cant seem to find this on hmv site now maybe no longer avilable,i see that argos has one at half price much more than this one was priced at but still an ok deal and it looks very much like this one you have here i wonder if its the same model,as i have such a large blu ray collection and no longer any dvds i thought this might be a good buy,well the argos one anyway as i cant seem to find this on hmv site

John Moylan

Standard Member
hello,
I have the RCA pbs23108 I think is the exact same as brc3108, but I cant find any firmware support for it, has trouble with a couple of movies, does anyone know where I can get the file?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom