1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCA 5240 DVD - Audio Volume

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tozemko, Jan 23, 2002.

1. tozemko

tozemko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased and installed RCD 5250P DVD. Connected to circa 1992 RCA 27" TV which has composite and S video input (not bad for its time).

Put in 'The Patriot' as first DVD to view and set the TV volume at my 'normal' level for TV/VCR viewing thru cable. While the audio was fine - no crackling or hissing - it was much lower for the DVD which is annoying when you go back from the AV Input channel (91) to cable/VCR. I don't want to blow my TV speakers!

An audio CD I played first on the DVD sounded louder and I thought this was great until I put in the DVD. A second DVD also sounded lower ( that is I had to crank the TV volume up.......)

I played with all the menus, RCA support isn't helpful. Does anyone know if this is what I should expect by going thru an older TVs av input?

Thanks.

2. tozemko

tozemko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Should add that I have heard use of a better (thicker gauge) audio cable might help?????The ones that come with unit are pretty flimsy.