1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC5000i Charge problem & SKY +

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by simonrossi, Nov 5, 2001.

1. simonrossi

simonrossi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my rc5000i, its very good but seems complex to program.
    The charging problem is this: It will seem to be fully charged (the green light goes out) but when i check the battery level, its still has 3 uncharged bars left in the gauge. If i put it back on charge the light stays on for a while than turns off. But no matter how many times I do this it will not fill those last 2/3 bars.
    Could there be a problem with the NiCad batteries? The controller is only a week old, could the problem be a charge memory of the type that eventually ruins mobile phone batteries?

Also does anyone have any pages that i could download into My rC5000i that would be suitable for my sky plus remote and also my new Sony 9000ES Dvd/Sacd player?

Thanks for any help given

Regards
    Simon:confused:

2. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simon

Can't help you with your charging problem, but I will email you a set of SKY+ pronto pages tonight. Other people have found these useful - hopefuly you will too!

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Rechargeable batteries can be damaged by "topping up"

OK, now I've scared the pants off you, here's the good news...

The batteries in your Pronto take a little while to reach full capacity. Usually this means charge it once, then use it as you would normally untill the battery empty symbol shows, then fully charge it again. Repeat this about a dozen times.

If you like the look of your Pronto sitting on its docking station, then simply unplug the charger. This will prevent "topping up" and so avoid damaging your batteries.

PS - I'm not involved with this product through work, but I do use the Marantz equivalent at home.

Regards

4. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simon,

Hopefully you will have downloaded the Sky+ CCF by now. As for your DVD player, try http://www.remotecentral.com

If these guys don't have it, nobody will! :D

5. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're using the supplied docking station to charge it, this is a well known problem - ridiculous if you ask me. After you've charged it, remove the battery & replace it. The Pronto will reboot, & show as fully charged. I get around this by recharging every 2 weeks instead of waiting for the low battery symbol to appear first.