Quantcast

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Taking the old and love it or hate it MGB Roadster, of which over 500,000 were made and bringing it into the 21st century.

RBW Electric Cars

elv.jpg

Prices start from £105,000

Would you and would you like to see more classics follow suit.

It would be interesting to see more classic vehicles being converted imo.

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
Definitely would like to see more classics like that. It is before all the rules made the cars look too similar. I love them. Underneath, and lighting, everything new as let's face it the brakes and suspension was sh*t in those days :) But keep the outside look original...

nheather

Distinguished Member
Didn’t they do something like this on Top Gear. Admittedly I’d expect these guys to do a better job but the conclusion on Top Gear was that these cars just weren’t suited - sure the conversion worked and they looked the part but the weight, the distribution, the suspension, steering and braking meant that they lost out to something like a Nissan Leaf in the tests.

Cheers,

Nigel

outoftheknow

Distinguished Member
At £105k I wouldn’t buy the electric nor classic versions.

Classic cars are classics because they have ancient technology and the ability to scare you a bit around corners. The sound of the engine will be sought after soon :)

so no I wouldn’t is my answer :D

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
At £105k I wouldn’t buy the electric nor classic versions.

Classic cars are classics because they have ancient technology and the ability to scare you a bit around corners. The sound of the engine will be sought after soon :)

so no I wouldn’t is my answer :D
I agree with all that. Yet when you want something different and out of the ordinary and government regulations don’t allow anything else it can be fun.

I mean in Amsterdam I can buy a parking space without the vehicle being zero emissions.