• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RB Wireless Strat 19.99

Brigggers

Established Member
are you sure its wireless?

the RB1 strats were wired i think, the RB2 were wireless but we dont have them over here

EDIT: now i think of it, maybe the band in the box strats were wired and the standalone ones were wireless

Last edited:

tofwings

Established Member
DEFINATLEY WIRELESS..............

I have one ........I bought it Today.......It is NOT WIRED....

OK....

lol

Brian

chewyx

Prominent Member
nice one. You are a life saver!!!

My wireless RB2 strat is playing up and i didnt want to have to go back to the wired one as its a pain and I dont like the Gh guitars.

Now i dont have too:smashin: Reserved my copy from Argos will pick it up at the weekend

JimboJambo86

Established Member
Now i dont have too:smashin: Reserved my copy from Argos will pick it up at the weekend

how did you manage to reserve for weekend pickup? my local tells me i can reserve but would have to pick up 2day or 2mo. earliest i can get there is friday...
and theres only one in stock there!

chewyx

Prominent Member
didnt have one in stock, they have to order it in and its says i can collect it between the 9th and the 12th

silvercue

Distinguished Member
how come this is so cheap???

I have just bought the limited editions beatles kit....would have got this and drums second hand if I had only waited!!!

JimboJambo86

Established Member
didnt have one in stock, they have to order it in and its says i can collect it between the 9th and the 12th

ah is that the argos extra stores? my locals a normal one but can get to an extra store if mines out of stock when i order 2mo
cheers.

Brigggers

Established Member
just got back from getting one of these.

thanks to tofwings for posting this, :smashin:

off to play some RB2 now, at last i can get the chievo for 100% a solo using only the solo buttons :D

Big

Established Member
how come this is so cheap???

I have just bought the limited editions beatles kit....would have got this and drums second hand if I had only waited!!!

This is the old Rock Band wireless guitar, not the RB2 one with autocalibration built in. It even references RB1 songs on the box.

Good spot. Thanks tofwings.

chewyx

Prominent Member
happened to be passing an argos early and thought id pop in on the off chance. They had one:smashin:

Just got it home and it works perfectly so my RB2 strat can be retired and used only to auto cal the system. For some reason, mine has a screw cover on the batteries rather than the usual battery flap like the RB2 strat Anyone else have this? Not a big deal just gonna be a pain.

Anyway, this means that i have a spare order at huntingdon argos if anyone wants it and can get to huntingdon before 12th october (Ase or bursar im looking at you) If your interested, let me know ill send you the reservation number.

tofwings

Established Member
mine has a screw cover on the batteries rather than the usual battery flap like the RB2 strat Anyone else have this? Not a big deal just gonna be a pain.

Yep..........Same here....

Have to agree , it is going to be a pain, but this wireless strat works so much better than my original one, so much so, that i went and got another one .....
(Who needs RB2 Instruments...lol )

Cheers
Brian

Greasychipbutty

Prominent Member
Got mine today. Just a quick question. I've only ever used the xplorer before where the buttons were silent but the strum bar slightly clicky.
On the rock band guitar the strumbar is silent but the buttons are imo really noisy. Much noisier than the strum bar on the xplorer. Is this a common feature or will it quieten with use?

Cheers

Greasy

Brigggers

Established Member
my impressions of the strat....

it looks great, the les paul looked good but this is far better, and light years better than the ghwt guitar which looks cheap to me.
now when i play sultans of swing im nearly mark knopfler, only need a headband now :D

where as ive only played using the LP and ghwt guitars im struggling a bit getting used to the fret buttons, but only for one reason, theyre flat.
sometimes i lose positioning a bit when sliding up and down.
i supposed the GH raised buttons helped me know where i am.

but really so far thats my only gripe.
in fact i find im playing certains things better with the strat.
for example where im finding the frets better than the gh ones is on HOPO's.
for some reason im finding it far easier to do all those intricate guitar solo hopo's. it somehow feels more fluid, i think theyre easier to press, i dont know.
im not the greatest of players, im pretty comfortable on hard(ive completed all games on hard except gh3) and i can do most expert to a decent standard(only GGHT stopping me from completing RB expert).
but just played godzilla on hard and i nearly 100% it, i only messed up on silly bits, all the solos i hit.

now the strum bar, no noise is strange at first but im finding it has its advantages.
for another strange reason i find there are certain strumming patterns i can do better with this strumbar.
ive never been great at alt-strumming, strumming the same colour over and over is fine. but sometimes when i have say RG RY RG RY RG RY fast, for example, i think the changing of the chords causes me to lose strumming rhythm.
but without the constant clicking im finding it alot easier. whether its a coincidence i dont know.

so if i can just get used to the flat frets and not lose position then this strat will be perfect for me(oh and dont forget the headband :p )

Last edited:

Jay on F1

Prominent Member
where as ive only played using the LP and ghwt guitars im struggling a bit getting used to the fret buttons, but only for one reason, theyre flat.
sometimes i lose positioning a bit when sliding up and down.
i supposed the GH raised buttons helped me know where i am.

I agree with this. I much perfer my les paul due to the raised fret buttons.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom