Raynox DCR-250. Quick question

Three6ty

Hi,
After the recent purchase of my Canon 600d and a couple of lens's, I decided last night to add a Raynox DCR-250 to my kit to try out some macro stuff.
My question is about attaching it to my lens's. I have UV filters on my lens's. Can I attach the Raynox to the filter or should I be taking the filters off each time? I have also bought a 49mm uv filter for the raynox mainly for protection.
Cheers, Rich

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Raynox clip on adapter should fit over the UV filter on the lens if you really want - wouldn't try using with both UV filters in place and never even considered getting a UV for my Raynox... BTW - you sure the DCR-250 takes a 49mm filter ?

EDIT: Just checked and it is 49mm :)

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Never had a problem with the clip on so would only use a step-down or step-up for a lens filter thread outside the range the adapter fits :)

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Same here. Always used the clip on adapter.
I also wouldn't put a filter on the Raynox. I'm guessing that it will just be a cheapy one anyway based on the price of the Raynox.

Three6ty

Raynox arrived today. But weather crap so will have to try out tomorrow. I did also order a UV filter for it. Mainly for lens protection really. I'll try it with and without and compare image quality.
I will be taking the UV filter of the lens I attach the Raynox to. Just didn't want to be taking the filters of lens's all the time but it's no biggy. Besides as I get into this, no doubt I'll be buying filters for different things anyway. Need to buy some polarizing filters before I go on holiday in a couple of weeks.
Cheers, Rich

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I done know if you can put a filter on the raynox when using the clip on adapter?
I don't bother with UV filters anymore. Only filter I ever put on is a CPL for specific shots.

Three6ty

I done know if you can put a filter on the raynox when using the clip on adapter?
I don't bother with UV filters anymore. Only filter I ever put on is a CPL for specific shots.
Part of me wants to take them off. But as I live near the seaside and sometimes go there with the camera I am worried about any sand/salt in the air scratching the glass. Cheaper and easier to replace a filter.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Cool. Good to know.