Rayman Origins Play & Help Thread

Bamford38

Banned
There doesnt seem to be a great amount of interest for this game really. But i thought id make this thread for 2 reasons. 1) because ive just bought it and am very excited to finish work and give it a bash, and 2) because there hasnt been a new thread in this section for a very long time!

So who else has got this game then?
Ill post my thoughts on it as soon as ive cracked it open, but judging by the demo, its gonna be a little gem!

LeeDicko

I haven't opened mine yet as don't really have the time to play it so looking to sell it on brand new... but I must admit, I don't think I will be able to stop the urge of opening it as have a bit of free time tonight so very very tempted.

For what its worth, I loved the demo too.

Bamford38

Banned
Thought id post my opinions of it for anyone thats interested.

First of all, its stunning!!............seriously stunning!!
The levels range from forests, to old ruins, to underwater, to factory levels and each one is more stunning than the last, with the last levels being my personal favourites.
The controls are spot on, which is good as some of the challenges require pin point precision. Such as the levels that have you chasing down a runaway chest, which are by far some of my favourite parts of the game.
Now the only bad point, it feels really short and kinda empty. Theres a decent amount of levels, but each one can be blown through in about 5-10 minutes, unless your doing a time trial in which case they last just over a minute.
Speaking of time trials, they are more or less the only thing to do on each level, along with collecting a certain amount of lums and finding a couple of hidden rooms.
I dont know if ive been spoilt by games like super meat boy or mario galaxy that just keep giving and giving after youve finished the main game. But rayman just has the main levels then one more after you finish them....and thats it.
There are a few unlockable characters, but theyre just variations on the main characters. I was kinda hoping there would be more characters from the rayman series, or maybe even a guest appearance from beyond good and evil or something.
So, all in all it truely is a fantastic game that oozes polish and fun while it lasts. Just dont go in expecting a game youre still gonna be playing in a few months time, even with a few mates involved.

bendanuk

Novice Member
I'm not sure wether to buy it now as i've seen the collecters edition for £35 or wait for the inevitable price drop in a few weeks.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Going to buy it for my 13 yr old daughter for Xmas

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Didn't anyone start a sonic generation thread either? My lad bought it, and it actually looks pretty decent, even with a few of the usual 'sonic' issues.

Bamford38

Banned
Didn't anyone start a sonic generation thread either? My lad bought it, and it actually looks pretty decent, even with a few of the usual 'sonic' issues.

I thought it was a really good game. I was thinking of starting a play & help thread but i didnt think anyone would be interested. The preview thread was like a ghost town!

LeeDicko

This game is absolutely amazing. First game for ages i've actually sat down and wanted to keep playing until I completed it.

So gutted when I did finally complete it, it's just a beautiful game from start to finish.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Waiting for the price to drop, need it before Christmas though.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
just ordered from amazon at 22quid. daughters chrimbo pressie. (she's 13)
would've used shopto as amazon was out of stock, but should be ok.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Got an email from amazon saying expected delivery for 23rd, it arrived on Monday. Great, glad I didn't cancel, daughter should enjoy that one. :)

amardilo

Distinguished Member
I'm looking for a fun game that is not too difficult or long to play while I wait for the next generation of consoles to come out.

I really like platformers and I have Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends in my backlog. Would either of these games fit what I am after (light hearted platformer that is not too challenging and that can be completed in under 20 hours)?

The thing I don't like are very floaty and imprecise jumps (a bit of floaty...ness and imprecision is fine). How is the jumping in this?

Also would it be worth playing Rayman Origins before Rayman Legends or should I go straight to Rayman Legends?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom