Rayman and 4.3/16.9

thetonyclifton

Established Member
Reaction score
I have heard that rayman doesnt play in 16.9 and the tv needs to stretch the image. My tv samsung le26r41bdx will not stretch a digital signal (freeview) does this mean my rayman (if I buy it) will play with black bars. Anyone any experience with this tv?

Firstly you can stretch a freeview signal with your TV, I have the LE32R41BDX and you can stretch or resize the picture how eaver you like on all inputs sources. Also I belive rayman is in widscreen just not prog scan (but I may be wrong).

I can stretch regular tv but my built in freeview wont stretch...normally need to for ITV3/4 football but p.size or whatever on the rmote will change the size and format but never fill the screen. Am I just being stupid about something?

the freeview is probably set to widescreen and itv broadcast 4:3 footy in a 16:9 frame hence you cannot stretch it. Change the freeview to 4:3 output then you can stretch the footy etc etc

Its just itv being crap...

I can stretch regular tv but my built in freeview wont stretch...normally need to for ITV3/4 football but p.size or whatever on the rmote will change the size and format but never fill the screen. Am I just being stupid about something?

There was a problem with a software upgrade for the digital on the TV. When you are in digital mode go to D.Menu > System > Software Update then Press RED to select the older software and confirm with Blue. The TV will then reset and retune the digital.

You should then be able to change the picture size on freeview.

Digi-tal

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom