1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ray Lamontagne - Trouble

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by dynamic turtle, Jun 30, 2005.

1. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just a quick recommendation to the forum - check this album out. The hype is justified. Think of Ray as an older David Gray without the annoying accent and warble, and you have some idea what he sounds like. OK, so Ray's voice might lack a little dynamism and emotion, but this makes for an easier listen IMO.

From start to finish the album is thoughtful, heartfelt and melodic. A delightful evening listen.

Its a beautifully produced audiophile-grade recording. Ray might be a little too far back in the soundstage - perched high above it, but every other aspect of the recording is superb. Instruments have wonderful texture & seperation.

Strongly recommended to acoustic enthusiasts.

DT

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    DT its on my "to check out" list, I caught him on Jools Holland Later, was the star of the show for me. Have heard lots of good reports.

Have you heard any Jack Johnson ? "On & On" is a stunning album as you mention acoustic, Ive got 3 of his albums.

3. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Nope, not familiar with Jack Johnson I'm afraid. I'll check it out though.

4. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    CD arrived the other day and I have to agree with you. He's got a lovely, mellow, unfatiguing voice that you could listen to for hours. Well recorded album too.

Thanks for the reccy :smashin:

DT