Ray Donovan (Showtime) US

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Premieres Sunday, June 30

Stars Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominee Liev Schreiber (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) in his first lead television role as LA’s best professional fixer. Ray is the man called in to make the city’s celebrities,’ superstar athletes,’ and business moguls’ most complicated and combustible situations go away.
This powerful drama unfolds when his father, Mickey Donovan, played by Oscar winner Jon Voight, is unexpectedly released from prison, setting off a chain of events that shakes the Donovan family to its core.

"Ray Donovan" is created and executive-produced by Ann Biderman ("Southland"), who also wrote the pilot episode.

The series is also executive produced by Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff. "Ray Donovan" is a Showtime production and the pilot was directed by Allen Coulter ("The Sopranos," "Sons of Anarchy"), who also serves as producer on both the pilot and the second episode of the series.

Last edited:

I Am Custard

This looks like a show that has the potential to be a keeper. I am adding this to my schedule on Twee for sure!

I Am Custard

I notice that the first episode is now on You Tube two weeks before it airs.... weird.

Anyone watched it?

I Am Custard

Not a bad first ep, a tad gloomy

... possibly something to fill the Banshee hole

and that is a BIG hole to fill.

Thanks Krish.

I will give it a go tonight I think

I Am Custard

^^^ I wasn't actually replying to you, after I posted I noticed your post - good timing :)

ahhh booo. And there was me feeling all special :)
:D

I Am Custard

So,

After watching episode one I am hopeful for this show. I wish they had 60% less exposition in the first episode and a lot more "fixing" as that was my favourite part.

Saying that, the back story is very interesting and I think could turn out to be quite intense!

I look forward to what the rest of the season brings

unique

i loved this. i can't wait for more. great cast too

Nik73

Distinguished Member
I watched this today and thought it was by far the best of the recent premieres in the US. It's got a lot of potential and I really like the character, bit of a ruthless badass type. :smashin:

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Hmm I like Liev Schreiber might add this one to the planner. Personally I didn't like Banshee but I'll give it a chance, perhaps it will fill the Mad Men void.

I Am Custard

Having watched 3 episodes now I am quite taken with the show. Nice bit of drama with a dark underside.

I can see why people have been comparing it to the Sopranos.

Jason56d

Renewed for Second Season

That's good news as I am well into this after watching the 3rd episode today. Has lots of legs and could go for a good few seasons.

colonelblighty

I wasn't too sure after the first one and my wife didn't take to it all. The second episode had me hooked though. I had to laugh last night though as there was an advert for it on and my wife said when's that back on again or have we missed it. I said she missed it I watched last week. Definite potential in it though with the colourful characters that given their location are actually believable.

Jason56d

I wasn't too sure after the first one and my wife didn't take to it all. The second episode had me hooked though. I had to laugh last night though as there was an advert for it on and my wife said when's that back on again or have we missed it. I said she missed it I watched last week. Definite potential in it though with the colourful characters that given their location are actually believable.

Get her episode 2 then you nasty hubby, then you can watch number 3 together!

Micky is extra cringe worthy this episode, especially at the meeting! My missus just kept saying 'OMG! What a bleep!' Lol!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nik73

Distinguished Member
This is easily my favourite of the new shows this summer. It's really good out of the blocks and think it can only get better.

I Am Custard

Get her episode 2 then you nasty hubby, then you can watch number 3 together!

Micky is extra cringe worthy this episode, especially at the meeting! My missus just kept saying 'OMG! What a bleep!' Lol!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Oh god yea at that meeting I was getting really annoyed with him.

The latest video from AVForums

Philips OLED807 Review, The High Price of Hi-Fi, Video Processors plus AV / HiFi News & More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Marantz set to launch new Cinema Series of AV receivers